Friday, January 12, 2007

Classic Challenge

Let's have a "Read a Classic for our own Edification and Delight" (and I bow to Jeanne M. for that phrase) challenge! Let's read Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. Jeanne M. has a cool activity planned surrounding the play Oliver that our high school drama department is doing this spring. I don't have any copies in the library, but I will order some today, and hunt the thrift store tomorrow for a few copies! We'll post discussions of the book, questions to Jeanne M., etc., on this blog! Because this is not assigned work, maybe you'll like it! Join the challenge and READ ON!

3 comments:

Amber M said...

Crud. You've challenged me. Now i HAVE to do it!! I only have like 75498257435782 other books i'm supposed to read. XD but i guess they take a backseat!

Wait...when is the play? Because if we can put off the challenge until February 1st, AP would be done with Cold Mountain.

librarygoddess50 said...

Ha ha ha--can't resist a challenge, can you? See if you can get some other friends on board--they don't have to be a member of our blog to read it, but they do have to have a google account to post a comment. The play is in March--so waiting until after Cold Mountain is over is totally cool.

Danielle G said...

I would like to but it is kind of hard with the AP books and stuff. I'll try but don't count me in intill I get enough time after exams and everything.