Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sweetening the Oliver Twist Pot!

OK. Here's my addition to the Classics Challenge featuring Oliver Twist. What I'd like to do is to meet after school on Friday, March 23 and have a few snacks while we talk about Dickens' life, Oliver Twist, values and problems of the Victorian culture, and other stuff that interests us. Mr. White can drop by to talk a bit about the play adaptation and the film history. Then at around 4:45 or so, we'll go out to eat. Now here's the good part--the adults will pay for the kids' dinners! (Up to a point, of course.) We will get back to school by 6:45 in time to see the play. So get your friends to check out the book and get involved in the challenge--and not just for a free meal!

2 comments:

Amber M said...

o0o0o0 Dang, Mrs. Murray!! This is sounding pretty darn sweet! Where are we going to go for dinner? i love dinner. XD This should be exciting, and i definitely have to get my friends to participate in this. I hope i'm not the only one who reads the book other than the adults. XD

Jeanne M said...

I'm going to offer this deal to the AP class, so I think there will be more kids. Mrs. S and I will talk about places to eat. She said something about Topside. I'm more for the ethnic thing--Bangkok Gardens in Chesapeake is awesome. But the travel time may be prohibitive. Maybe we'll get Chinese delivery and keep on talking. Then again, we can talk in the car and at the restaurant, etc. More detail later.